Tuesday, February 28, 2012

F the man.

So, I have had too much work lately to read the news or watch the tube, so when my students told me about "National Pancake Day," I thought that it was an act of Congress, in the true American tradition of Arbor Day or Flag Day.   I made two types of pancakes, sausage, hash browns, eggs, and real Vermont maple syrup (thanks Mom and Dad-in-Law) for dinner to celebrate.

Can you guess how angry I became when, waiting for a journal article to download, I saw in the newspaper that "National Pancake Day" is an IHOP ***COMMERCIAL***!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sons of bitches. I have seen the sophistication of students PLUMMET in the past ten years. In all seriousness, I have to worry for the future of our civilization when the "best and brightest" (as in accepted to quite prestigious universities on full scholarships) cannot tell the difference between actual legislation and a god**** commercial.

If the Post is wrong and pancake day does exist, I still stand by my above statement.  We are doomed.  DOOMED!

I can't believe I made pancakes today.  What a complete jerk am I.  That is all.

1 comment: