Friday, March 18, 2011

egg-stacy

Eggsplosion injury
I have been on something of an egg kick lately. I am missing my mother-in-law's fresh eggs from her chickens and ducks.  I hadn't made poached eggs since last year's infamous microwave poacher "egg-splosion." But my hankering became to much to resist for my favorite breakfast, poached eggs on toast.

Since I threw the microwave poacher away in a fit of pain-rage, I decided to try to poach the correct way - in a pot of boiling water. My attempts years ago to do this resulted in a milky, microscopic-egg-bit-filled pot of hot water.  However, after thinking through the process a bit, I decided to give it another go.  The result? The most perfectly succulent eggs that I could imagine. The runny yolks pushed at the thin whites containing them as if they were about to burst.  The whites themselves were soft and creamy.  If I could eat this every day, I would.  Cracked pepper on top of the egg, buttered wheat toast underneath... sigh....

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment