Friday, March 18, 2011

International supermarket rocks!!!

Got some Thai green curry paste from Lotte in Germantown.  The english is really bad, and every measurement is metric, but I followed the recipe on the box, substituting leftover red and yellow peppers and peas for Thai eggplant. It was awesome, but HOT!  And green curry is supposed to be the "sweet" curry.  I finished mine (and a second helping), but we had to dilute the rest with another half-can of coconut milk and water to render it safe for Meghan.  Even with the dilution it had a nice kick.

You hear that Ruan Thai?  I'm coming for you.  MoCo ain't big enough for both of us jerks. I know your secrets.  I know where you shop.  Just wait until I figure out how tablespoons of curry paste relate to grams.  THEN we'll see who is on Jason's list.  WE WILL SEE!!!!!!!!!  That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Ruan Thai's green curry is the BEST in MoCo, hands down - you'll have to demonstrate your worthiness for comparison by cooking a Thai food dinner for us sometime. Jason lika the spice.

    ReplyDelete