Thursday, November 10, 2011

Maybe I Will Try Again

Due to concerns about some pain I was having in my back and side, in late April 2011 I went on the Atkins diet and began an exercise regimen to lose some weight.  The diet and exercise was amazingly effective.  Between the final week in April and the third week in June I lost over thirty pounds - a teeny bit less than five pounds a week.  I went on vacation immediately after (oh my god that beer and real food tasted good!), and came back to a heat wave.  Unfortunately, upon my return I didn't exercise (my excuse was the heat) and did not continue with the diet.  Several months of poor choices later, I am back to merely 6 pounds less than my April weight.

I took some photos of food I prepared over the summer (post-diet), but due to some embarrassment (guilt, remorse?) over the failure of my maintenance-of-weight, I sadly abandoned this blog.

This past weekend I met up with some friends (and former students) for dinner and beer.  It was a fantastic evening, and as a result I must report three important things:
1. After several disappointing visits, the Growlers
http://www.growlersofgaithersburg.com
(Summit Station, Olde Town Tavern) location provided a good time (siblings - remember my "old man" birthday where I cried as we were leaving because of the smoke/noise?)!  More importantly, the beer was VERY good and VERY cheap.  The Seneca Pale Ale and the seasonal porter (can't remember the name, OOPS!) were particularly good.  Though one of the party said her ESB tasted like "cigarette butts," I will be back.
2. My friend Anna has a food/running blog you should check out:
http://runandyum.wordpress.com
She loves flavors, and her smoothie recipes look great!  If I wasn't such a fat jerk i would make a smoothie from her site.
3. I am going to reboot the blog soon, beginning with commentary on summer recipes, thoughts on my weight loss and subsequent weight gain, and MORE FOOD.  and beer.  there is a lot to report.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Rhumb Porter :) I'm glad you had a good time!
    And I'm especially glad you are restarting the blog. I'm very interested to hear what you have to say. Oh, and I expect more raps.

    ReplyDelete