Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Meghan outdid herself today! Roasted butternut squash, apple-pecan stuffing, green beans, a nicely-juicy turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, a killer challah, and vegan pumpkin pie for dessert.  Vita and I added a subpar apple pie.  Meg's mom brought a wonderfully airy pumpkin-chiffon pie. A couple of bottles of "IL" moscato and some excellent seasonal "Brr" winter ale from one of my new favorite breweries, Widmer Brothers, and it was a fantastic meal.

Like a jerk, I took no pictures.  Oh well.

I am thankful for all my family and friends, and that I am able to live my life enjoying the finer things like food and drink.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this "Brr" brr. Perhaps I will pursue it.
    Lucky you-- homemade challah :)

    ReplyDelete