Sunday, November 13, 2011

Atkins Stuff

Last spring, I found The Atkins Diet quite easy to follow.  Those complaining about lack of vegetables must be vegetarians or reading the directions wrong.  I could eat a VERY large (meal-sized, actually) salad each day - not just lettuce - also peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, etc.  In fact, I found myself eating MORE vegetables on the diet because i would measure out the recommended servings which ended up to be more than what I would usually eat.  Along those same lines, the fat and sodium in the  ubiquitous 5 slices of bacon I would eat each morning were lower than either the pre-packaged or homemade breakfast sandwiches I would eat when not on the diet.  Lunch was usually leftover grilled chicken breasts, or salad, or hot dogs, or ham and cheese "sandwiches" with lettuce "bread."  Unfortunately I have no photos of those meals.  However, I do have photos of a glorious sausage-fest we had one night.  It is harder to find sugar-free meat than one might imagine, but the local Bloom and European Mart (more so than Trader Joe's) had the goods.  On this plate, basil and something-or-other sausage from Bloom, "organic" Poilsh Kielbasa, and a delightful Weisswurst from the Euromart (I stupidly burned the casings DO:).  I ate almost the whole plate.  My wife and kids were disgusted.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment