Sunday, November 13, 2011

This summer's blockbuster

This was a popular choice among jerks post-diet.

Flying Dog purchased the Blue Ridge brewery several years ago.  At first I was upset, because Blue Ridge made my go-to "daily beer", Blue Ridge Golden Ale - it was $5.99 a six pack and just wonderful at that price point.  When Flying Dog bought the brewery, prices went way up, and as a complete jerk I was very upset about the quality of the beer.  Well, today I say the brewmaster deserves a freaking brewing badge of honor.  In a few short years, the brewery has gone from mediocrity to having several great brews!  While none of them are my absolute favorite in style, the brews are very tasty and great contenders at their price point.

While my current tastes are running a little less sweet than this beer, I still buy it regularly.  Raging Bitch is a good one.  With 8.3% abv and a price of $7.49 per six at Corridor Wine and Spirits, this one is really nice. Plus, it is singularly responsible for the Kentucky Derby Embarrassment Event (KDEE) at Sarah Sears's Kentucky Derby Party last year (please forgive me -I cleaned up). My kids LOVE the bottle (though I have to watch it now that my oldest is learning to read). They are fascinated by the teats and genitalia.  My boy loves to point out the scrotum (ummmm, wrong...).  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment